These slideshows reveals the importance of spirituality.
This is a transcript of the presentation above
Why is spirituality important and what specifically is the importance of spirituality. We’ll answer those questions in just a moment, but first, let’s demystify spirituality a little.
These days, the word “spiritual” is too easily confused with the word “religion.” In many ways, religion has adversely affected the approachability of spirituality. I’m not about to bash religion—either you’re religious or you’re not and frankly it makes little difference to this article and should also make little difference to your view of spirituality. For the reality of the fact is that religion and spirituality are completely different things. Some people, when asking “Why is spirituality important / what is the importance of spirituality” make the mistake of lumping it in with religion, but they are not the same.
Religion is communal and implies adherence to an external structure of morality and belief system. Spirituality is personal. Spirituality can take any form. It is freedom of belief. It is, in many ways, the opposite of religion, for where religion implies strict adherence to the rules of an external governing system, spirituality implies nothing more than believing in something and living by and for some set of principles. Much more important to this article, however, is the fact that, unlike religion, the positive benefits of spirituality are undeniable.
HEALTH — Why is Spirituality Important? — The Importance of Spirituality
Spirituality. . .
- is a stress reliever
- Spirituality improves health
- Spirituality results in less fear of death.
- Spirituality gives meaning and purpose to everyday life.
- Spirituality helps an individual see the beauty in life and hence to be happier.
- Spirituality helps with forgiveness
- Spirituality helps to create positive senses like awe, love and trust
- Spirituality helps prevent depression and for those suffering can be immensely helpful in helping cope with depression.
- Spirituality has anti-aging properties
- Spiritual people are known to live healthier lives, be it by using addictive substances less, by doing more exercises or by eating healthier.
So, there’s a lot of reasons why spirituality is important and a lot of different aspect of the importance of spirituality.
Spirituality is incredibly beneficial to your health as well as to your happiness and positivity. You can find out more about the benefits of spirituality here.