This test will reveal whether you have healthy, high levels of self esteem or low self esteem. To complete the test, simply answer the following questions with either SA (strongly agree) A (agree) D (disagree) SD (strongly disagree). Circle your answer.
1. On the whole, I am satisfied with myself. SA A D SD
2.* At times, I think I am no good at all. SA A D SD
3. I feel that I have a number of good qualities. SA A D SD
4. I am able to do things as well as most other people. SA A D SD
5.* I feel I do not have much to be proud of. SA A D SD
6.* I certainly feel useless at times. SA A D SD
7. I feel that I’m a person of worth, at least on an equal plane with
others. SA A D SD
8.* I wish I could have more respect for myself. SA A D SD
9.* All in all, I am inclined to feel that I am a failure. SA A D SD
10. I take a positive attitude toward myself. SA A D SD
Self Esteem Test Scoring
Scoring: SA=3, A=2, D=1, SD=0. Items with an asterisk are reverse scored, that is, SA=0, A=1,
D=2, SD=3. Sum the scores for the 10 items. The higher the score, the higher the self esteem.
Suffering from low self esteem? If so, check out our worksheet, or see the external links below.